MTSU OFFERS FREE SHUTTLE RIDES TO COUNTY’S EARLY-VOTING SITE
Students, Faculty, Staff Can Hop on the Bus Through Oct. 27
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 15, 2010
EDITORIAL CONTACT: Dr. Mary Evins, firstname.lastname@example.org
(MURFREESBORO)—MTSU students and staff who want to vote early in the 2010 midterm elections can get free rides to the Rutherford County Election Commission Office on Murfreesboro’s Public Square via Raider Xpress.
The fall general election is Tuesday, Nov. 2. Early voting in Tennessee began Oct. 13 and continues through Thursday, Oct. 28.
The free shuttle rides are provided by the American Democracy Project at MTSU in conjunction with the Division of Student Affairs, the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, and the Division of Business and Finance, Event Coordination Department, and Parking and Transportation Services. The shuttle schedule is:
• Thursday, Oct. 21—3 p.m. pick-up in front of James Union Building; pick-up at the square at 4:15 p.m. to return to the JUB;
• Friday, Oct. 22—2:30 p.m. pick-up in front of the JUB; pick-up at the square at 3:45 p.m. to return to campus;
• Monday, Oct. 25—10 a.m. pick-up in front of the JUB; pick-up at the square at 11:15 a.m. to return to campus;
• Tuesday, Oct. 26—5 p.m. pick-up in front of the JUB; pick-up at the square at 6:15 p.m. to return to campus; and
• Wednesday, Oct. 27—8:30 a.m. pick-up in front of the JUB; pick-up at the square at 9:45 a.m. to return to campus.
Details about early voting in Rutherford County can be found at the election commission website via http://bit.ly/VoteEarly2010.
For more information, contact ADP coordinator Dr. Mary Evins at email@example.com. The ADP website is www.mtsu.edu/~amerdem.
Founded in 1911, Middle Tennessee State University is a Tennessee Board of Regents institution located in Murfreesboro and is the state’s largest public undergraduate institution. MTSU now boasts one of the nation’s first master’s degree programs in horse science, and the Council of Graduate Schools in Washington, D.C., acclaims MTSU’s Master of Science in Professional Science degree—the only one in Tennessee—as a model program. This fall, MTSU unveiled three new doctoral degrees in the sciences.
For MTSU news and information, visit www.mtsunews.com.